Friday, July 27, 2012


For the last week or so, I've been putting most of my artistic attention to dachshunds. Spending most of my Wednesdays in the screenprinting lab has had an influence on my work as of late.
Twins, screenprint on paper, 2012
 There is nothing like the satisfaction of looking at the product of a full day's work.
Studio-cam

Dancing Dogs, collage on paper, 2012
One of my favorite creatures in ancient Greek mythology is Cerberus, the three-headed watchdog at the gates of Hades. I like the idea that you couldn't really prove yourself as a hero until you figured out a way to get past this beast. This little collage is a hybrid of the Cerberus myth, the Three Graces, and our dog at home, Chloe.

Twins, collage on paper, 2012
This collage was an early version of the screenprint. Here I am thinking about the Cerberus myth along with the ideas associated with a rorshack test. Alot of people tell me that it looks like a mustache. I think this is interesting because I have invested a good amount of artistic attention the the concept of beards.

Hot Dog Fight, collage on paper, 2012
This is just weird and funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment