Tuesday, July 31, 2012



Deer Diary:

My time spent in the screenprinting lab has been an enjoyable one. I completed my first two editions of screen prints last week. That was pretty exciting.

Buck, screenprint, 2012
The print above was a result of my first four layer print. It was based off of an earlier drawing for another project. I liked it so much that I thought that it might work as a good experiment with screenprinting. It was. I tried not to worry that the layers didn't line precisely up with each other. I tend to like it when accidents happen in the studio.

Artist's Proof, screenprint, 2012
This was an accident that happened when I wasn't paying attention. I felt that it did some interesting things that a normal print did not do...

Buck, screenprint, 2012
This is the second edition of prints where I incorporated the previous accident into into the process. I toned the red-orange down significantly to try to match some of the tones in the original watercolor. I liked the result but I still think that there is something very interesting about the original accident. Those bright red-orange patches of color from the first edition really popped out of the page in a cool way.
Buck, hand-painted screen print, 2012
When I printed the second batch of screenprints, I made a couple extra prints with just the line drawing on it. I painted watercolor paintings on top of them a couple of days later. This was my favorite.




No comments:

Post a Comment